Monday, December 9, 2013

Giving Thanks and the Book of Mormom


This week has been pretty good, kinda slow since the holidays but we had an awesome Thanks giving.  We ate at the Barelas house it was so fun, it reminded me of home because it wasn't a traditional sit down and eat everyone was every where and loud and fun. They always have us over for dinner and help us with missionary work. I am grateful for their family and for taking care of me and Elder Duano.  
  
This week has been wonderful, the holidays are here and the people are so friendly. Although everyone is busy with their families we still were able to fit some lessons in. We were able to set one of our investigators with a baptismal date.  He is so solid. the rest of his family are members his wife and 3 daughters. The lesson we had with him after they fed us dinner was so amazing, the spirit was so strong. He received it so well and his desire to know more is awesome.
 One thing that touched my heart was when we were giving the lesson they only had 1 Book of Mormon for the family and I had one so I gave it to one of his daughters to use. After the meeting finished she handed it back, but I told her to keep it. The look in her eyes was so heart warming. She was so happy. She said "Can i really keep this?" I said yes of course! She then followed with multiple sincere thank yous as we left. I was so happy to be able to simply give a 12 year old girl a Book of Mormon and to see how much joy came to her. Her eyes looked like she had received the present at the top of her Christmas list. It's not always the huge miracles like baptism or having a golden investigator that makes us happy. But the small and simple sweet moments that prick your heart and help you realize how wonderful this gospel is and how happy it makes someone.
I've been having a little bit of a hard time because idk for some reason I've been frustrated or discouraged. I think its the cold hahah. but I prayed to my Heavenly Father for guidance and comfort and He told me what I must do. To keep going forward with faith, trusting in the Lord and knowing he is with us and we remain obedient to our mission rules.
 I am so happy to be able to experience the lives of others. To see the joy in the eyes of those who accept the fullness of the gospel. I am so thankful for this opportunity to serve. I am thankful for our Heavenly Father. Im thankful for our Saviour and his continous atonement. I am thankful for my Family my friends and everyone that supports me on my mission.
We need your help, pray for our families and those we are working with. They need all the aloha from our little island.
I love you and miss you
Elder Soren





                              Brother Aki had us over for dinner he used to surf with my dad






No comments:

Post a Comment