Monday, December 30, 2013

Christmas Week


    This week was pretty fun, Christmas was relaxing and a good break but im excited to get back and work!
     For Christmas Eve we went to our Bishop's house for family dinner there were so many people it was fun! We ate and then they had a talent show, Elder Duano played a song on his guitar and I was the back up singer hahahahah. It was good to be around a big family made it feel like home. After the Christmas Party we slept over at our zone leaders for Christmas the next morning. It was fun to open gifts with them. After that we all went over to the Johnson's House across the street from our apt. and had breakfast and FACE TIMED the fam! I was so happy to see my family and talk to them they are doing awesome. Best Christmas present ever!
     This week was kinda hard because people had the Holidays as an excuse for canceling. But we were still able to reach our goal for 8 member present lessons. We were happy to get back to work after Christmas we felt less productive. There were some miracles with our investigators. One of the Investigators were teaching had a really hard time wanting to come to church but he expressed his desire to go this week when we saw him! Another Miracle is Fabians family! we have been able to go and teach his mom and sister even when he wasnt there. His mom is so open now and she is understanding more and more we are so happy for their family we hope that they will all be baptised and be sealed in the temple. There's nothing more that makes my heart full than seeing a family progress to baptism and to have a goal to go to the temple to be sealed for all of time and eternity.
    This week we got transfer calls.... Elder Duano is moving to Idaho Falls:(  I'm leading the  area now and my new companion is Elder Dunlap. Im gunna miss Elder Duano, he was such an awesome trainer. But I'm excited to lead and to learn. I know that as long as I work hard and go out and DO, the Lord will bless us in our lessons. I know that having the responsibility to lead will help me grow and learn to rely on the Lord every second. I am excited to learn and improve. I know that this experience will help me to be a better missionary and to help me reach my personal goals.
    Improving is one of the lessons and qualities that I've loved since I've been on a mission.  I love the whole idea of learning and growing.That through the Saviors atonement I am able to be better each week as I take the sacrament. I am grateful for His love that He gives me. That He made it possible for all of us to reach the potential our Heavenly Father knows we can and will achieve. I know my mission will strengthen my foundation in the gospel for the rest of my life. I am so excited to be able to live my life as a disciple of his son Jesus Christ in all that I do.
    I am honored and so privileged to be a servant of the Lord while I am in my youth. I know that the Lord didn't need me to be a missionary but he allowed me to. Because of Him I am worthy to receive all the personal blessings from serving a mission because He loves me. I know that what I am learning now will benefit my future family for Eternity. "Thank yous" will never show my gratitude for the Lord and all he has done for me. I know that all I can do now is work as hard as I can and be the best missionary I can be to show only a portion of thanks to my Father in Heaven.
Elder Soren
XOXO

                                                             Ward Christmas Party






                                                      Shoveling snow with the district





                                                     The Gibsons Christmas EVE 



                                                                       the Johnsons



                                                                            Lola





No comments:

Post a Comment