Thursday, January 9, 2014

New Companion & New responsibilities (senior companion)


 I am excited for this transfer! Elder Dunlap is my new companion. (seen beside me in this photo).  I know that our Heavenly Father has called us to be companions in this area. That it is His will for us to be together serving the people of the Pocatello Central 1 area. I am excited for the work and i am excited to grow in this new companionship.

     This week has been pretty crazy with all the changes. Personally it has been a great learning experience and it has strengthened my testimony so much. Thursday and Friday this week has been one of the hardest 2 days of my 3 months out in the field. With Elder Duano gone I gained the responsibility of leading the area. Without Elder Duanos assistance I was faced with challenging opportunities to use what Ive learned from my training. For those 2 days I was pretty nervous because i doubted my self i doubted that i could do it. I felt lost, discouraged, even a bit emotional at times. But it was until i realized that this isn't my work its the Lords work. That I must trust in Him, that it is His will, His work, and there are people he has prepared to hear my personal testimony and the truth that I have to teach. Once I was able to realize this I received the courage I needed, I received the strength of the Lord. Doubting no more. I look back now at those 2 days and i cant believe how i could have such little faith in him who has all this divine power. I am thankful for the Atonement and a merciful God. Because I could repent for my doubt and be able to improve and grow. I know that because of the Savior I am able to gain strength through my trials when i use the atonement, not only for repentance but when i am need of His love.

     I am happy now that i have overcome this trial because i know that now i can learn and improve each day trusting in the Lord. I am excited because we have 2 baptisms coming up on the 18th! they are pretty solid and i know they both have testimonies. We have been working with them for a while and its so wonderful to see their progression and growth. That's one of the things i love most about my mission, to see others progress into the waters of baptism. i am grateful for this work and i am happy to go forth and serve with all my might, mind, heart and strength.

    I know that my last couple letters, i have been kinda struggling. I do not mean it to be a "pitty party" but to show that my testimony has grown through trials. I know that usually missionaries have nothing but amazing things to share their first 3 months but this is truly amazing to me. I am so grateful that i am receiving my personal & hard challenges now while i am new in my mission because i know that i can learn from them early and grow to be the missionary i know i can be. Now that i have overcome the walls that Heavenly Father knew i would, i am no longer in bondage of fear or doubt. I am set free to reach the potential the Lord knows i will achieve. I know that this is the way the Lord works, this is how He personally teaches us to become as He is.
    I know my Heavenly Father loves all His children, and as we endure our trials well, he will bring happiness in our lives that we couldn't even imagine possible. A happiness only He provides. I know all these things to be true.
    i am grateful for this work and i am happy to go forth and serve with all my might, mind, heart and strength.
   Latley Ive been day dreaming about getting super shacked while looking at uncle Jons photos haha i miss hawaii i miss the ocean :D
#Kowabunga! haha
Elder Soren
XOXOOxoxoXOX


New years movie night and ping pong



Elder Duano Left me...

No comments:

Post a Comment