Monday, December 22, 2014

& it just Keeps getting Better, Merry Christmas!

This week was BUSYYY. But Amazing!

Carlos Morales got baptized! There was a lot of family & support. Carlos told us the night before he invited his sister who is struggling to come to his baptism. He also invited her to be baptized too! He knew how much this decision would bless his family and he partook of the fruit and desired that his family may partake as well. Carlos is such a great example to his family and i have no doubt that his brothers and sister will join him because of his righteous example. When Carlos walked down the hall i felt as if i was greeting a Bishop. He looked so good in his suit and walked with a very respectful manner. He will probably be a Bishop one day garanteeeee. 

Yesterday i had the wonderful privilege of confirming Casey a member of the Church, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost and giving her a blessing. I have never done it before so it was a very special moment. It was a weird feeling. I was completely disconnected from the world and forgot about everything around me so i was somewhat startled when i opened my eyes and saw the whole 7th ward looking at us, haha. I dont remember what i said but i know it was good because of the feeling in my heart. I am grateful for the opportunity to be a messenger and a tool in the Lords hands. This is His work and we are just the Physical means to represent Him here on earth. What a blessing.   

We got to meet Ashley! Justin Nielsen's older sister. We had a great first lesson with her. Her desire to be baptized is so wonderful. We talked about the Savior and his example and when we invited her to be baptized she cried and said "ive been waiting to hear that for sooo long." She was taught by the missionaries when she was 12 and then she moved and never saw missionaries till we came over. It's amazing that even through all those years she still had the desire to be baptized, she didn't give up. A lot of times, especially with such a long time in between with no contact with the church people tend to loose desire. But she didn't. 

So for those you know who you feel as if they have lost desire, don't give up on them. Help them know that they are a child of a Loving Father in Heaven. I promise that when you show them God's love for them their hearts will change. They will see the tree of life along the beaten & narrow path, and they will desire to partake of the fruit as well.

I have definitely seen that one of the most important things we could ever do for another human being is to Listen to them and show that you care. There have been recent experiences with the missionaries that have lost some desire to work and have completely turned around because someone was willing to listen.
I invite you to be that instrument to someone who you feel isn't heard. To turn outward and love the unloved. I promise you an inward and subtle reward of great joy within your heart because you've mourned with those who mourn and comforted those who stand in need of comfort. 

With this Christmas season I've seen so much good in the town of Rigby. Always an outward expression of giving this time of year. It's a good feeling. 

I leave you with my testimony of the Birth of our Savior Jesus Christ. I know that his humble beginnings brought life, love, peace and joy to the world. He is the Gift that our Father so freely has given us. GOD's LOVE IS HIS SON. That's what i've come to know that is true in my heart this Christmas. I know with every fiber of my being that God loves EVERY one of His children. He knew the price that His Son would pay. But he sent him anyway to redeem the rest of us from the sting of death and our sins. There was no other way. I know that the little baby born in Bethlehem is Jesus the Christ. He lives and loves us. Because of him there is a way. I know that when we discover and embrace this gift our lives will forever be filled with his light and love. I know when we come to Know Him, our very countenance can change and others will see His face in us. 

I invite you to share this Gift with all those who have forgotten or have no knowledge of it. Give those in need that knowledge & it will be a gift that will change their lives. It's priceless all it requires is love & courage. 

I love you all so very much and hope with all my heart that you will have a warmth in your heart this Christmas Season. That you may feel our Savior's love. 

Peace & Blessings

Melekalikimaka & Aloooooohhhaaa

Stoked to Serve 

Elder Soren


*Carlos and his family

*Some of my greatest examples at our Christmas Conference 



No comments:

Post a Comment