Monday, November 24, 2014

Too Many Miracles

This week was great! It warmed up a bit and the snow is all melting. Just in time for football at the park with the kids for Thanksgiving. I'm stoked for the holidays and for all the blessings we've had lately. We have about 14 invites for Thanksgiving… it's gonna be an interesting week. haha.

We're preparing for Mariah Winn's baptism this coming Saturday! She is so awesome. Shes one of the most positive 9 year olds I've met. She loves the gospel and is so excited to be baptized. The Winn family is awesome, we have a lesson with them tonight its gonna be sweeeeet. 

We've been meeting a ton of new people and having some really great conversations with them. I love that about missionary work. You get to have good conversations, most of the time with complete strangers. But by the end of the conversation we're already best friends. 

We had an awesome experience driving home from a lesson one night. It was 9:30pm and we were exhausted! But we past a U-haul truck and figured those people just got there and now they have to unload it. We both had the feeling to turn around and help them so we did. We walked up and asked if we could help. They were surprised but happy to let us. We later found out that right as we walked up they had just arrived and opened the back and Her Book of Mormon (quad) fell out onto the street. She picked it up and there we were. We got antiquated and helped them move in. The Jackie family. A husband and wife with their 1 son who is 9. We chatted for a little after moving in and set up a time to come visit. 
The Second time we saw them we had a great conversation about the gospel and about life. They mentioned that they haven't been to church in a bit and felt that the other night was a sign. We were having a wonderful conversation i didn't want to leave. I'm happy the Lord led us to this family.

We met the Rigby Detective. We were riding on our bikes one day and he pulled us over. He greeted us with excitement "HEY ELDERS!" and he had the normal questionnaire about where we're from and how long we bin out. Then he offered to buy us dinner anytime we needed. So the other night we took him up on the offer at the local mexican restaurant. We talked forever with him! He served his mission in Scottland and told us all his crazy stories. We asked him a lot about the crime in Rigby haha there's more than we thought. He is a great example to us we asked questions about balancing police work with living the gospel and he taught us a lot of valuable things. It was a great dinner. 

It's a blessing to be able to meet new people and hear their stories and relate everything back to the Gospel and how much our Father in Heaven loves all of his children. I've gotten to a point where numbers don't matter as much to me, i do things more out of love and having the desire to help these people see the joy that comes from the gospel. I am very grateful for this blessing in my life, to serve a mission.

I am so thankful for my mission
I am thankful for the Gospel in my life
I am thankful for my family and friends
i am thankful for the experiences in my life both good and not so good
I am so thankful for a Father in Heaven who loves me and a Savior who sacrificed his life for me.

There are a lot more things to be grateful for but what good is it to keep these things to ourselves. I desire to share these things with all who are placed in my path and i invite you to do the same.

Hope you have a great week! Happy Thanksgiving! I miss da imu turkey laidat! 

Stoked to Serve 
Elder Soren




No comments:

Post a Comment