Monday, November 3, 2014

A Very Spiritual Week For Me

Aloha,

The spirit was so strong this week. I wrote a ton in my journal and have a ton to tell.

An update on Rigby, our cars are frozen in the morning and the sweaters are on. Most of the leaves are gone and it's getting cold. Snow on the mountains but not on the ground. I forgot what 7 months of winter is like, but i'm stoked!!! i love the winter and snow it makes everything more adventurous here!  I will not lie this was the first week since the beginning of my mission that i was home sick!  Especially when i got MOCHI from my mama!!!  holy cow i thought i hated that stuff. I was wrong. The heart really does grow fonder in absence lol, but im good now, no trunkiness ;)  


Halloween was great we had Mission Leadership Council from 8am till 2pm very long but super motivating and spiritual. It's one of the most spiritual meetings here in the mission, i'm so grateful to be invited to it every first Friday of the month. We hooked up a projector for the Zone to watch movies during lock-in lol. We watched Frozen again... and Heaven is for real. It was pretty good. Definitely interesting! but good to see from another's perspective. We made waffles, pancakes, bacon and fried chicken lol. 

One of the new found spiritual experiences i've had this week was unexpected, unfamiliar and powerful. But i knew it was the spirit i just felt it in a different way than i have before. It was when we were showing one of our investigators the Family History Center. I was on my account and started looking up pictures to add to my family tree for fun to start off. Then as i found pictures i found stories and articles on Both sides of the family. The first was Tuhineeee. As i read about her in an article based off of my moms eulogy at her funeral. My heart swelled as i read about this righteous woman and her humble beginnings. Her life and her accomplishments. It was amazing to see how much influence she had in the community as a faithful servant of the Lord. Including her parents Pioneer history. i get overwhelmed even writing this now!

The second family member, a servant of the Lord called to preside over the New Zealand North mission, as the first Maori Mission President. Grandpa Pere. I found a clipping of the chruch news when he was called, with a brief description of his life. I loved to read that and to know that He had a great influence among the Kiwi's in that part of New Zealand. Being able to go to MLC and spend time with my Mission President i know the responsibility of these noble men. I honor them and i am so very grateful for their love for this work we embark on as full time missionaries. 

What a blessing it is to know that my roots run deep in the Church. To know that i come from an Eternal Family such as mine, a line of faithful, Noble, Humble and Loving servants of our Father in Heaven. 

Another Experience i had this week, was yesterday, i will keep in my heart forever.  Before our 7th ward sacrament meeting Elder Fontes and I were gathering the programs standing at the doors waiting to greet the ward members with a smile and an agenda of the day.  
Bishop Poulsen of this ward came up to me and mentioned that he knew more about me than i thought. I looked at him puzzled and come to find out he had a conversation with someone who knew me very well. The suspense killed me. I begged to know. A call from Hawaii he said... I immediately thought "oh no... " that same feeling when you get a call at home from school and your just preparing for your punishment. lol. I begged again to know. He said it was from my mother...... that feeling got 100 times worse hahahahha. OH NO WHAT DID I DO???? haha that's all i could think of.
My assumptions were wrong of course, it was so out of the blue what else would i think??? He was so happy to tell me about his conversation with my MOM that he said lasted about 3 hours HAHAHHA that made my day. I told him i could have warned him about that lol. But you could just feel the spirit so strong as he talked about the wonderful conversation he had with my mom :) He served his mission in New Zealand, the year President Pere was released. She knew the missionary who trained him. His countenance was glowing as he told me.
He then testified about this experience to the ward members, it being the first Sunday of the month. It isn't every fast Sunday your Bishop testifies of what great faith and love for the Gospel your mother has!  My heart was so full as he shared about my wonderful Mother and what strength she has. I was so proud. 
Usually and most of the time it's the Mother proud of the son. But yesterday i was a proud Son.

I love my Mom, and I know every word Bishop Poulsen said in his testimony is true, wish you could have been there. If it were not for her faith i would not be here serving the Lord as my ancestors once did, i would not be the person i am today. Thanks Mom <3

My Studies this morning confirmed and added a testimony of how the Lord has blessed me with righteous women in my life to teach me the ways of the Lord. 

I read an amazing talk by Elaine S. Dalton, called "Guardians of Virtue" I will include the link in my email. I invite ALL to read it and start making decisions now. So that when the time comes to exercise faith in the Lord your decision to choose the right will be easier for you. 
I pray with all my heart that my future wife will posses all the attributes and characteristics of these women spoken about in this talk. No pressure....  ;) lol im kidding

As i read this there is a story about the Young Women of a ward in Utah who walked from temple to temple i wanna say 22 miles. This story and the principal Sister Dalton shares made me think of my Sisters. I opened my scriptures to the picture of us 3 that was taken for mothers day a few years ago and fought the tears that followed. 

I then thought about all the righteous women in my life. Those who have passed, Those current. The future one, and those that taught me some of the most important lessons of life during my youth.  Those across seas. Those who are out serving the Lord.  Those who have opened their doors to me and gave me a home away from home.  Those who where there for me when i had no one else.  Those who i hold dear to my heart.  Those who spend a lot of time and elbow grease shaping me into who i am today.  My Love and Gratitude for these Virtuous Women i cannot express.  
Just know that no effort is wasted i will do my very best :)

I love this Gospel with all my heart. I love my Family. I love all of our Father's Angels he has sent me in my life. 

I will continue to put my shoulder to the wheel and serve the Lord.


Stoked to Serve 
Elder Soren


End of Fall 2014
 *Sarah (Justin's Sister) throwing leaves at me Super Cheeeezeee

*Casey one of our investigators and one of her cute twins!!!
*To add to my home sickness a member made me Kalua Pork….

                     *the sisters in my zone always reppin

*Some KANAKS everyone in the mission say i look like hahah

Elder Soren's multiculturalism
Hawaiian, Mochi, Lava Lava, Maori, and more…



Pres. and Sis. Pere, New Zealand North Mission 1973 - 1976
my Mom's parents





No comments:

Post a Comment