Monday, May 26, 2014

8 months. Workin Hard.Tired. Happy!

H O W Z I T       H O W Z I T        H O W Z I T

         "get ready to always... be tired, all day, every day" - Elder Thomas.

        This was said to me the first day we got assigned to be ZL companions. There is nothing but truth in his words. Tired is what I am, no doubt about that. But, I am the most happy, content, accomplished and excited missionary. I am in love with my mission and this work. I am so happy to be a missionary. This experience has and will continue to change my life, but if only I let it.

       This week has been crazy busy so many lessons to teach, new people to meet and a whole lot of fun. YSA work is definitely different than working with families. Im lovin every minute of it. We have been able to meet so many wonderful young people this last week. A ton of miracles, and tender mercies. We set 4 baptismal dates this week and our area is on fire!

        I was on exchanges this week with Elder Coggins, and was able to lead my new area for the first time. I was pumped to go out and work hard. We taught 5 lessons that day and invited 4 people to be baptized 3 said yes but we only set an actual date for 1. I haven't taught that many lessons in 1 day in such a long time. i was so happy. I love teaching, going from one lesson to the other sharing the gospel and helping those individuals feel the love our Heavenly Father has for them.

       "But behold, that which is of God inviteth and enticeth to do good continually; wherefore, every thing which inviteth and enticeth to do good, and to love God, and to serve him, is inspired of God" - Moroni 7:13. This scripture has consumed my thoughts and caused me to do things i normally wouldn't because of fear. It has propelled me to press forward, it has motivated me to do good, it has helped me to be bold and just go for it. When i broke it down, in the mindset of, This is Gods work, its not your work, its His "and He is always to be in control". I combined the scripture with this idea and it has helped me, DO GOOD. That no matter what i do if it inviteth to do good, If it helps one love God, and to come closer to him it doesn't matter the outcome. If we simply DO good works the God will work everything out to our benefit. The outcome of the invitation is His to decide and control. If it invited to do good, it will work out in the end. And i testify that this is true.  :)

       I got to meet a recent convert named Dylan. He invited Elder Coggins and I over for breakfast in his apartment. We had breakfast burritos and got to know him a little better. He is 20 and just got Baptized in April. As we talked about snowboarding (i want to snowboard so bad) and sports we shared scriptures together. He had one of the most humble hearts, as he expressed his love for the savior. The work Meek came to my mind as his character impressed mine. After we left I wanted to have that same humble and meek spirit as he did. I wanted my character to be loving and sweet as his was.

       It is very easy to get caught up in the "youth" part of working with YSA wards and easy to loose track of your purpose as a missionary. Since we are serving in the ISU boundaries it feels like BYU-H. The atmosphere, the energy, all of it. I felt my self reverting a little bit back into my excited jack jack ways. Not that there is anything wrong with that lol its just, i know i can get outta hand and a bit tooo crazy sometimes =P. There definitely has to be a balance between being energetic & outgoing, and remembering your purpose and being reverent. I know that this is what i am to learn this transfer. How to be in an atmosphere i once knew, a very worldly environment, and be able to set my self apart from those worldly things and natural desires. I feel like this experience, if i can overcome it, will benefit me when i return home to BYU-H and to be able to continue being an example of Christ when surrounded by worldly distractions. But i know that it is possible through the Atoning sacrifice that the Savior has so freely given me. To be delivered out of every trial that comes. I will meet my trials with gladness and joy for i know that my redeemer lives.

       ****Shouts out to my little sister ALEX, you deserve every bit of congratulations and praise that is offered to you. I am so proud of you and your hard working example. Always doing your best and pushing yourself to become who you are today. always looking to increase your knowledge and understanding. I know that UH will be cake because of the determination you have. i know that you will continue to do great things in your life. I love you and am so very proud of you.

I love my Heavenly Father and Lord Jesus Christ

I wouldn't want to be anywhere else in my life right now.

missing the ocean more than ever right now, enjoy it for me. :)

I miss you and love you.


Elder Soren




Elder Gatchellion, my trainers trainer from the Philippines


Elder Thomas is a very special child of our Heavenly Father... lol



No comments:

Post a Comment