Monday, January 20, 2014

Ice Fishing

This week has been pretty good, I was able to lead the area a lot better and I could definitely feel the guidance of the spirit. Elder Dunlap and I are getting along and working better together!  I can't believe its been a week already, time goes by so fast! Things are getting a little slow but we keep trying to find new people and families to teach. Over all its been a pretty good week.  I've learned so much and I am super excited for this next week because we have a baptism on Saturday!!! 

We are looking forward to our baptism on Saturday for an investigator we've been working with for 2 months now. We have been knocking on her door since I came out, but she never answered. One day Elder Duano and I were just walking in the streets and decided to try again. We saw a man out side her house raking leaves and so we went over to talk to him.  He was really nice and he told us he was Lisa's brother in law and we asked if she was home, he went in and got her.  He is a member and they have been trying to get Lisa to get baptised for a while now. So we finally met Lisa and started talking to her and helping rake leaves.  She is the sweetest woman ever. Her nieces and nephews came to help rake leaves as well, they're a bunch of great kids. Since that day we have been teaching her. She is the nicest most humble person, we love teaching her and love her energetic spirit. She is now getting baptised 2 1/2 months later after we have been teaching her. I am so happy for her and so excited to see her enter into the waters of baptism!

Another one of our investigators is progressing a lot now. After 5 lessons we got him to say the closing prayer. When we invite him to say the prayer he would always say " no I don't want to" or  "no I'm not ready yet in a stern voice" and make one of us do it. But this time we got him to pray and it was a beautiful prayer. Yesterday he even went to priesthood meeting! It doesn't sound super exciting but when your a missionary you appreciate all the little things and like the prophets say " And thus we see that by small means the Lord can bring about great things".  I have defiantly seen these small blessing work miracles in peoples lives. Because they are small steps to something GREAT. I realized that the Lord works the same way with me, by small and simple things the Lord brings great blessings. Things I never really payed attention to are now some of the things I am most grateful for now. The small and simple truly do lead us to great things in this life. They build us up and help us reach our full potential. I love the Lord and all He does for me. The more I serve, the more I draw closer to him and gain more of an understanding of His Divine love.  My relationship with Him gets stronger and stronger each day.

I am so happy to be a missionary to be able to learn all the amazing things that we have in store for us, in this life and the next. My perspective changes as I learn and grow closer to the Lord. I am so excited for life and whats to come. One of the things I'm most excited about is that I can share this same excitement with everyone I meet. I am stoked I can share this wonderful gospel with individuals and families. It makes my heart happy that I have this amazing truth that will make ones life happy forever. 

I love my Heavenly Father, I love my Savior, I love my Family, I love this Gospel and all the Eternal Happiness it brings.


Today we went ice fishing! it was super fun. I felt like an Eskimo! haha it was a blast it was good to get into nature and be in the outdoors :)

Stoked to Stoke

*Elder Soren*











No comments:

Post a Comment