Monday, June 23, 2014

6/23/14 New transfer... same Poky... i love it

 Hey heyyy. This week has bin cray cray! haha we have been going 500mph this week with transfers and missionaries heading home. its bin wild. I am so excited to start a new transfer it feels like i get another fresh start. 

       Elder Bebee and I are the same people. I am so happy to be able to serve with him. He has taught me so much already he is a really powerful missionary. I need someone like him this transfer! we have had so many blessings within these 4 days we have been together. We have bin working so hard and getting the area back in shape! were so stoked on life right now! 

       We were able to have one of the most spiritual lessons i have had in a while. We met this really amazing girl in her early 20s, and came over to answer some of her questions. During our lesson we answered her through the scriptures. We taught a lot about the plan of salvation and how much our heavenly father loves all of his children. She started to express how she had a rough life and started to cry. She said she hasn't cried at all in years. We did our best to comfort her. I shared my testimony about my experiences in life and some of the struggles. But testified of how they have benefited me and made me a stronger person. Elder Bebee testified as well of the blessings of the Atonement and how the Savior is always with us. We know the spirit touched her heart. She said she didnt know why she was crying and she thinks its so weird that she's feeling this way. We helped her recognize that it was the spirit and she was at peace. She told us that we should come back as soon as possible  Elder Bebee and i both told each other how we both wanted to give her a big hug. We felt like we loved her right off the bat. We are so excited to be able to teach her tomorrow.

       After the lesson with her we got to go to a wonderful lunch appointment with Wolf, Hailey and baby Maddy!!! She is one of the cutest babies ever!!!! i was so happy to see them! Maddy is so sweet and smiley, i wanted to take her with me!!! ahh. It was so good to catch up with Hailey and meet her mom. We had a lot of fun, i really enjoyed the short time we had together. So glad i got to see some of my family. 

       I am so happy to be here. Last transfer i didnt feel like i worked as hard as i could. But now having a new start i am so so excited. I have recommitted myself to consecrating these 2 years to the Lord. And doing my best by giving up the natural man, and give everything i have for the Lord. There is a quote from C.S. Lewis that has really got me reflecting and evaluating my mission. 

       "Give me all. I dont want so much of your time, so much of your talents and money, and so much of your work. I want you. All of you. I have not come to torment or frustrate the natural man. But to kill it. No half measures will do. I don't want you to only prune a branch here and another there, rather I want the whole tree out. Hand it all over to me, the whole outfit, all of your desire, all of your wants and wishes and dreams. Turn them over to me, give yourself to me and i will make of you a new self in my image. Give me yourself and in exchange i will give you myself. My will shall be your will. My heart your heart." C.S. Lewis

        I am so grateful for my Savior and the Atonement. I am grateful for a loving God and my family. I know that if we give ourselves to Him, he will make us, shape us, and mold us into someone who we could never think possible. All because of his LOVE for us. i love being a missionary.

miss you, love you 

stoked to serve!

Elder Soren

Elder Soren & Maddy Mozo

with Hailey & Maddy Mozo
(formerly Miss Price who was Elder Soren's 5th grade Teacher)






No comments:

Post a Comment