Monday, June 30, 2014

Chee 2 tha Huuu June.30.12

Hey Hey!


    This week was filled with tons and tons of fun and hard work! There were so many tender mercies and miracles that we have been blessed with! Stoked on life right now! Elder Bebee and I are working so hard and we are seeing fruits being born from our efforts.

     I don't even know where to start...

  We met with Jaque (pronounced -Jackie-) this week and had a church tour with her. President McNabb one of my favorite people in Pocatello came to the tour with us (he's our Stake President). It was one of the most powerful Church tours I have ever bin on. Jaque is such a special spirit. She had a lot of questions and concerns about some things she has heard from friends. But with the help of the spirit and president McNabb we were able to help her understand the eternal principals and promises behind the doctrine. She expressed a little more about her desires and her past. She shared with us things that were dear to her heart.

It was so touching to hear some of her experiences and for her to be searching for something in her life that will bring her happiness. She has a strong desire to have faith in our Heavenly Father. There is something about Jaque that Elder Bebee and I are almost drawn to her. We cant wait for our next lessons we just want to be in her presence. I don't know what it is but I know the Lord has great things in store for Jaque. Lessons with Jaque are filled with the spirit and lessons like that is why I love being a missionary. I am so happy that the Lord has blessed us with one of his special daughters, to share the gospel with.

      We had another amazing lesson with one of our favorite investigators named Mike. He is 21 and is one of the funniest investigator i've had so far. He doesn't have much of a belief in God even though his parents were LDS. He never really wanted to meet with us but his best friend Sebastian wants to be baptized with him so he makes him come to lessons. Sebastian didn't show up only Mike. But he stayed and listened.  We read Alma 7 with him and when he read it he started laughing. We were puzzled. He say, wow I never thought about how the Jesus has felt every single emotion i've had, even when my headphone cord gets caught on the fridge and rips in half! haha he shared more of the random things that irritate him and was grateful that someone actually knows how Mike feels. He had 3 other epiphanies in the lesson where he was so mind blown he was laughing at how perfect the book of Mormon was haha. It was sooo awesome! We invited him to read and pray about the book of Mormon every day. He accepted! and responded with

 "I like this book I always need more "mons"... pokemons,..digimons and now mor-mons!"

hahhahaha sometimes I wonder if the rest of the world compares us to an out there idea such as pokemon...

        We were able to run into 2 new investigators because of my love for art and music. One of our appointments fell through and so we were headed back to the car. But I saw some graffiti in an ally way so I told elder bebee lets go take pics. As we were lookin at it we heard some Christian rap coming from the building behind us, haha don't ask me how I know what Christian rap sounds like... but then this head pops out of a window. It was a young man living in the apartments he was curious as to what we were doing. We asked him if that was "Lecrae" the Christian rapper and he said yes! we ended up talking to him and his friend who happen to be YSA age for 45 min. They are both looking for a fresh start and a new light in their lives. We shared scriptures and left them with a prayer. I could tell, Ramone was his name, was teary in the eyes after we said amen. I was grateful that we were placed in their path to help them feel Gods love.


        This week I also got to see... idk what to call him ... my brother? uncle? or that one friend you can never get rid of? haha nah nah Carlos!!!! one of my favorite human beings came to visit me! with Hailey and Baby maddy! we had an awesome lunch at sizzlers and talked about the good old days and ART! i'm not gunna lie I was pretty distracted by my thoughts for the rest of the day but he helped me remember who I am. I was so so glad to see him and to hear his weird comments. hahahah my favorite part! I am so grateful for the brothers my Father in Heaven has blessed me with. I always wanted a brother to wrestle with and to tease and He has blessed me with one like Carlos.

I am so happy to be a missionary.

the Lord truly works in mysterious ways 

Stoked to Serve

Elder Soren



with Carlos

Elder Soren, Carlos, Hailey & Maddy Mozo




one of the Larpers we teach let me put on his armor






Maddy


Elders Soren & Bebee

Yum!



No comments:

Post a Comment