Monday, April 28, 2014

April 28. 2014

Talofffaaa

       This week has been pretty great. Things feel back to normal now that our baptism is over. Back to finding new investigators and working with old ones. Elder Edwards and I are excited for May! transfers are coming up and were hoping to stay together. We have had miracles MOVE IN to our area. And we know that the Lord has prepared them to hear our message.

        This sweet, sweet, older single lady named Sandra moved into our area and she is one of the most optimistic and enthusiastic people I've met. She is very open to hearing our message, and she even came to a ward potluck by herself. I was stoked because it wasn't the best turn out of members but she came anyways and had a great time meeting people. After the Potluck we had a Church tour with her and. She had expressed that "The Book of Mormon has to be true, it makes so much sense". You don't know how happy that makes a missionary feel :) We are so excited to start teaching her and helping her have spiritual experiences so that she can recognize the convincing and comforting power of the Holy Ghost.   

         We also had a family of 4 move into our area as well. And they are looking for the truth. WE HAVE IT! we are going to start teaching them and I am so excited because I love working with families. The Gospel of Jesus Christ brings so much happiness and peace in the home, unifies, and strengthens families. My experience with the Edwards family in my last area has caused me to have such a soft spot for families. Today I am gonna get my hair cut from Sister Edwards and she always expresses how grateful she is for us coming over and spending time with her kids and having good fun. I try to pattern and have fun family experiences like we had back home, fun, crazy, loud, but when it came to the lesson or the Gospel, love fills the atmosphere and the spirit is invited into everyone's heart. And we get to look across the room and see that we are where were supposed to be. Surrounded by our loved ones, "encircled about eternally in the arms of his love" (2 Nephi 1:15)
  
        This week I've realized how vital the Holy Ghost is in conversion and the work. That He is the 3rd companion to us, as well as to the Father and the Son. I had the opportunity to read a talk by Elder Holland called " The Divine Companionship" this talk helped me understand how important it is to strive to be worthy of the gift of the holy ghost. To qualify for the blessings and gifts he provides.

 I am grateful for everything I am experiencing on my mission.

 I am so thankful for My Savior Jesus Christ and his continuous Atonement.

I miss you all and Love you all

hope you have a great week:)

Elder Soren





1 comment:

  1. Can you send me a copy of that talk?

    "The Divine Companionship"

    We heard rumors about it, but don't know how to get it.

    jeffrey.campbell@myldsmail.net

    Muchos Gracias.

    ReplyDelete