Monday, April 21, 2014

April 21, 2014



HEY HEYYY

HAPPY EASTERRRSSS<3
Hope yall had a great Sunday with the ones you love, and a great Easter dinner cuz I did! (not a good thing... packin some extra poundage lately...)
This week has been soooo good. I feel as if there is a weight lifted from my shoulders. There is a great desire that has crept its way into my heart to go forward with my whole soul to serve the Lord and show my love for him.

There has been so many tender moments this week, which have opened my heart, and have reminded me of my true self.

I had a wonderful experience interviewing a 9 year old girl for her baptism this past Saturday. She was nervous but as I joked around with her and made some weird faces she opened up and was comfortable so we began. She answered the interview questions flawlessly and I could tell she was speaking from her heart. At the conclusion of the interview she said a closing prayer. It was one of the most humbling experiences I have ever witnessed. She prayed for the missionaries, she prayed for the homeless, the poor, family, friends, and "for a good baptism". She prayed for everyone but her self. There was so much power in the sweet words in which she spoke. Not because of the words that were said but the meaning behind them, for the Charity she expressed for these people who had less than her. The song "a child's prayer" started to come to my mind. I was filled with light as she expressed the final desires of her heart. As I sat back in my chair I was overwhelmed with this young girls prayer. I thanked her and reunited her with her Mom in the foyer.

Often times we mistake children for being incapable of possessing certain attributes because of their inexperience. But we have a great lesson to learn from them. They have more knowledge than they are conscious of, and more than we are aware of. There is so much that we dont understand about "these little ones" as Christ taught the multitude, "Take heed that ye despise not one of these little ones; for I say unto you, That in heaven their angels do always behold the face of my Father which is in heaven." -(Mathew 18:10) I understand why Christ blessed the children, I understand why children shall inherit the Kingdom of Heaven for they truly do behold the face of the Father. They are examples of our Christ.  Mosiah 3:19 expresses the thoughts and observations I have of these childlike tendencies. "becometh as a child, submissivemeek, humble, patient, full of love, willing to submit to all things which the Lord seeth fit to inflict upon him, even as a child doth submit to his father." I know that as we learn from the children we our selves will start to be more obedient, patient, loving and giving, to our fellow brothers and sisters. Through them we will be able to learn how to become Christ like.

Saturday was one of the most beautiful and the most peaceful days in Idaho. The morning air felt different the sky was a little more blue. And there was a familiar breeze that reminded me of home. This was the peace I felt, this is when I felt the weight leave my shoulders. As we drove to prepare for Anthony's baptism. The process of guiding Anthony to this point has been one of the most stressful things I've had on my mission so far. Just because of all the outside sources that tried to stop this from happening. But it was one of the most rewarding learning experiences as well. He has completely changed his life from being incarcerated to be a disciple of the Savior.

The baptism was small, short and powerful. He was so excited to know that everything he once was will be forgotten. That everything from this point on will be so good. It won't be easy but it will be so good. I had the privilege to preform the baptism, and as we changed into dry clothes he expressed how he felt, a common response but a truth of this ordinance "I feel clean" he said. No other words could describe this sacred feeling. True cleanliness.

 The Sunday after he was confirmed a member of the church and received the gift of the holy ghost. He left right after for an Easter family function, but later that night texted us words which made my day 100x better "thanks guys, I am happy". Simple but powerful.

I love my mission especially after the trials are over haha I think we all are. But like Anthony our trials dont stop at Baptism or Temple. It only gets harder, but we know that we have the capabilities to overcome these things because of HIM. The enabling power of the Atonement is the greatest force we have in this life. we receive strength not in our selves but in Him.

I love my Savior and I am so very thankful for His selfless sacrifice he preformed so that we may LIVE.

I love my family and all who support me in this experience I feel as if I do not deserve.

What a joy it is to know that we can live again because of Him.

I been day dreaming about surfing a lot lately, you can ask my companion I always walk on the bottom of the hill and act like im hacking hue tail whips on the grass hahha and making weird noises to emphasize the buckets Im throwin hahaha

Miss ya Love ya
Elder Soren



Anthony's Baptism






found some LARPers hhahhahaha I thought this was only in movies







nutella on erreh thang



No comments:

Post a Comment