Monday, September 21, 2015

Last one...

Ho Its UNREAL that its my last day on the mission... it hasn't hit me yet that im actually leaving, it just feels like another day being a missionary. im sure it will come once i see my mama tomorrow! its wild to think about all the experiences ive had in the 2 years here that have had such an impact on my life and now its time to return home. So many wonderful people that ive met who have very special places in my heart, they are what ill miss the most. im so grateful for all the missionaries ive been able to meet as well, so many life long friends who ive been able to have such amazing spiritual experiences with. 

ive been thinking a lot about where i was at the beginning and even before my mission. ive realized so many beautiful truths that my Heavenly Father has blessed me with throughout my life. 

i left for my mission with nothing more than a personal testimony that the book of mormon is true, and that families are forever. i didnt know much about any other gospel principal or even basic doctrine or beliefs. But i knew those 2 things for sure and with a willing heart it was enough for God to shape me and teach me all that i needed to know to be a missionary. 

Now that i reflect on all the things that ive learned and experienced, i know with all my heart that this gospel is the perfect gospel of our Savior Jesus Christ. Restored in these days, so that we may have joy in knowing pure truth that our Father in Heaven has given us. 

i know that God loves me, He blessed me with this opportunity to live the principals of the gospel every day for 2 years and exercise faith in all of them. As i have done so, i have been able to gain a personal testimony of so many wonderful truths for my self. I have felt them, i heard them, i saw it happen in the lives of those that God loves. Every where. Ive been able to teach and testify of them along the way. 

My favorite part of being a missionary is teaching. i love learning environments and there's no greater joy than when something taught clicks and is understood especially when it has to do with divine principals. All are truly edified, when the spirit is the one truly teaching. 

We had an amazing lesson with a new family that we met. They told us of how the Lord has been working in their lives this past week and all the spiritual "coincidences". We helped them realize that it was God turning them towards him, now its time to progress and move forward. I mentioned that i felt the spirit there in their home and the wife said... "wait really? you can feel that? in our home?!? wow.." she was so excited to hear that the spirit was there. They haven’t had the best situation in the home so it surprised her. The Spirit truly brings happiness, peace, and serenity to a home especially when invited by righteous things. we were all edified by the spirit as we taught them. i love feeling the spirit as i teach. it really is my favorite thing. 

i know i could share 50 reasons why i am so thankful for my mission. and what it has taught me. But i know words will only be words unless my actions reflect all that ive learned. i know im not perfect but i will strive to live the way the Lord taught me to live. i invite you, if you want to know more of these truths and my experiences i would gladly take the time to call you or talk with you about them face to face. :)  

i am more in debt to my Heavenly Father for one of the greatest blessings i have ever been given. i thought i would give back to Him by serving Him for 2 years, but He has given me so much more. 

i will miss this place so much. The place where i came to know my Savior and what He did for me. That is the greatest truth that ive come to a knowledge of, that the Atonement is real and it really did happen, its for me and you and everyone of Gods children. 

i love my mission. 

i look forward to see you all.

forever will be 

STOKED 2 SERVE


Elder Soren




No comments:

Post a Comment