Monday, July 27, 2015

The Priesthood

This week was sweet. We were able to attend our Stake Priesthood meeting last night in Jackson Wyoming. We have been visiting the Sheline family still and Evan the husband was ordained an elder and got the Melchizedek Priesthood. He is sooo awesome. Evan was inactive for a number of years while in the military. As his wife was taking the discussions he came back and supported her and baptized her. He was in the Navy for a few years on one of the Seal Teams. He’s rad. Such a good dad to his kids and husband to his wife, they have such an awesome family. After the conference was finished we went into the Relief Society room for his ordination.

This was one of the most spiritual experiences I’ve had with the Priesthood. The Bishop and a few of the Elders quorum were there for support. Evan sat in the front in the chair and he asked everyone who was able, to join in. 14 of us gathered around him and placed our hands upon his head. His Father gave one of the most amazing blessings to his Son. It was so powerful. I remember during the prayer the thoughts that came into my mind was "the priesthood is true, it has truly been restored to the earth". I cannot deny the feelings I got last night, Brothers all surrounding this Humble man who was so worthy of receiving this gift from God. 

Evan will be leaving tomorrow on a job in Egypt and when he returns home he will bless his baby boy. I am so happy for the Sheline family, they have come such a long way. Now Evan, the Priesthood holder and patriarch of his home will be able to bless his family for ever and ever. This makes me so happy. He is such a great example to me and what kind of father I want to be for my family. 

You’ll never find experiences like this anywhere else. I know that the fullness of the Gospel had been Restored to the earth by the power of God. And what an honor we have to receive the blessings that come from the Priesthood.

We walked past the skate contest in Driggs this week.... i had to stop! 

Blessings and more blessings. 

Stoked to Serve in Driggs

Elder Soren












No comments:

Post a Comment