Monday, June 8, 2015

Getting to know Driggs

This week was a rollercoaster, so many ups and downs so many learning experiences. There are so many people who are ready to be taught. Since we got here I’ve just put everything in the Lords hands because i knew i couldn’t do this by my self. There has been so many miracles that happened this week. 

We had Zone conference this week. It’s President Brinkerhoff’s last conference. He goes home at the end of the month, along with most of all my mission friends, like Elder Duano, Elder Thomas, Elder Jones. It was pretty sad to know they are all going. It’s been such a great experience serving with all these Elders. 

Our new mission president is, President Hancock, from Arizona. He comes in the first week of July. So he will be my mission president for 3 months.

We got a Voicemail this week letting the mission know who the new assistant to the President is and its Elder Fontes. We served in Rigby together for 4 1/2 months. i was so proud for him and excited for him. He is happy and determined to help the new mission president get adjusted. I’m so happy for him!

This week we had some awesome experiences. We had a really awesome lesson with the Barnes Family. Rod Barnes asked a lot of good questions and even told us about 2 very spiritual experiences where he has felt the holy ghost. As he described how he felt the spirit in the room was so strong. I really love the Barnes family they are so amazing. 

After Zone Conference we went and gave a little 3 week old baby a blessing. One of the members in our ward has been working with his friend Trent Lee, i think i mentioned him in the last email. But they’re Non members and their son is in the NICU. We walked into the room where all these little babies were in incubators and other types of beds. It was so sad to see all these little babies struggling to hang in there :( we talked to Trent’s wife Nikki about what the priesthood was and how the blessing works and taught her a little bit of what’s going on. Rowdy the little boy was wrapped up in a blanket sleeping. He is struggling with getting some of the medicine that his mom was taking, out of his system. We laid our hands on his sweet head and gave him a blessing of healing. His mama was crying and the Spirit was definitely strong. We just got word today that he is doing a whole lot better and we are now having dinner with His parents and Brother Dayton tomorrow to see if we can start teaching them. This was such a special experience.  

Elder Johnson is doing well. He is learning a lot and growing everyday. He is already really good at talking with everyone and random people we see. He knows how to be sociable with anyone and especially the members. I’m learning so much from him and am excited to see what happens these next few months. 

I am so happy to be a tool in the Lords hands willing and ready to do the things he asks of us. 

Today for pday we went to Jackson Hole, Wyoming and went on a hike with Elder Thomas before he goes home in 2 weeks. soooo crazy. The Hike was super fun. The Grand Tetons are so beautiful. I am so grateful for all of our Heavenly Fathers creations. We are so lucky to live on such a beautiful earth. 

Stoked to Serve 

Elder Soren

The Grand Tetons

District with Elder Thomas (his last two weeks)

with Elder Johnson

Me and Elder Thomas, one last time…or not
see you in Hawaii :)

No comments:

Post a Comment