Monday, May 18, 2015

DRIGGS BOUND

This week has been bitter sweet. We got transfer calls and i'm going to Driggs, Idaho for the last 4 months. I will be a District Leader there....but the best part is.. i'm finally going to be training a new missionary! i have never had the opportunity to train and i am so excited! Missionaries have told me of how awesome it is to train. I'm stoked to help set the foundation of his mission. I don't know who im training yet we will know tomorrow night. I remember all the amazing things that Elder Duano, my trainer has taught me when i first came. We have been best friends ever since. I will always be grateful for what he taught me and for the love and care he had for me to have the best start to my mission. I am excited to now have that same opportunity for the Elder i will be training. That's the only thing that helped me leave Rigby.

9 months in Rigby… i'm pretty sure any longer and the Bishops would read in receiving my records as the new member of their ward. haha. I truly felt like i was apart of the wards here, even Grandpa Glenn started calling me Brother Soren haha. 

I don't know if i could share all that i've learned in Rigby in one email. I think the main lesson i've learned was that LOVE for those in your circle of influence changes lives. LOVE is a divine principal of God that if we posses it and share it, hearts are changed and healed. Love for God and those around you is the greatest motivation we could have. What motivated Christ to say "thy will be done" and continue with accomplishing the Atonement was His love for the Father and for us.

I am so grateful for all the lessons i've learned in Rigby. They are priceless and everlasting. All my companions, those i taught, missionaries i've served, members and experiences i've had changed my life. 

I am so thankful for Elder Jones and for all he has taught me this transfer. I definitely know God put him in my life to teach me how to be a great leader. I look up to him and am so grateful for his example. 

I'm going to miss Rigby so much. But as life progresses so must I. I know this opportunity to train will show me what God needs me to learn before i return. 


Always 

Stoked to Serve

Elder Soren









No comments:

Post a Comment