Monday, February 2, 2015

Gods Love.

Hey Home!

I don't have much time to tell you about my week but I wanna share something I sent one of my missionary friends about a lesson I've learned about LOVE.

"Guess what tho! I LOVE GOD. 

not just a missionary love, but a real love.  Everything I do now is for Him and only Him. Not that it wasn't before but now I understand what you have been talking about your whole mission.  That kind of love.  That love that has gotten me out of bed every morning.  It makes me do things I wouldn't normally do.  My obediance has increased 100x because He's asked me to be obedient.  This is one of the most amazing feelings in the world. When you stop worring about everyones opinion and the only one that matters is GOD's your whole life is changed." 

I am so grateful for the lessons I've learned on my mission so far.  All the lessons life teaches arent only for us, they are really meant for others. 

As we ask for strength in the Night for our day tomorrow it is because we need to strengthen our brothers and sisters the next day.  We pray for wisdom, not to take to Heaven but to share on earth. 

Everything God blesses us with is for others and not our own. 

Prayer- in the Bible dictionary taught me that there's a huge chunk missing when we pray. 

"We pray in Christ’s name when our mind is the mind of Christ, and our wishes the wishes of Christ—when His words abide in us (John 15:7). We then ask for things it is possible for God to grant. Many prayers remain unanswered because they are not in Christ’s name at all; they in no way represent His mind but spring out of the selfishness of man’s heart."

I invite you this week to talk to God.  Don't just pray.  Talk to Him.  Develope your relationship with Him.  Talk to him as you would your Father. 

These prayers have changed my life.

I love you all and hope your life is changed by God's love.

Stoked to Serve
Elder Soren




No comments:

Post a Comment