Monday, January 12, 2015

Transfers next week.

This week was awesome!  It continues to snow, with piles of it everywhere.  I love snow but its getting to the point that its almost like sand.  It's everywhere. haha

We've been working hard this week and have seen blessings as the Zone recommitted themselves to work.  We doubled our efforts and have been doing awesome in the Rigby Zone. 

Sometimes I get hard on myself about the work but i find a lot of success helping other missionaries in my assignment as a leader.  We got to have a great study with some of the sister missionaries who are struggling a little.  We helped them with their concerns and talked it out with them.  It's amazing to get to know the missionaries we serve, as we do investigators.  Learning about them and their life stories and the righteous desires of their heart.  Helping them in any way we can in fulfilling those desires.  We set goals with them on how to improve, where needs work, and love them.  As we have done this there has been a great change in the Zone.  We literally doubled the success this week and there are a lot of great things that will be happening this month including baptisms. 

I love it!

We got transfer calls this week.

Elder Fontes will be leaving and going to Idaho Falls.  It's weird, 4 1/2 months together, i don't know how i feel.  I think the reality of it hasn't hit yet and will once he's gone.  I think I've learned more than i ever have these past 4 months with him.  & we've had so many blessings.  More blessings prob in my whole mission here in Rigby in the short time together. My testimony has grown so much and so have I. 

My new companion will be Elder Coggins.  He served as one of our District Leaders in Pocatello.  Elder Bebee and I made him a Zone Leader and now were gonna be companions!  He's awesome and i know we will do great together!  

It's gonna be different but I'm excited.  Change is good and bad, it's our attitude towards Change that, we accept the Lord's opportunity to repent and change to be more like him. 

I know this new transfer will be an opportunity to change and grow as everyday is when you are on the errand of the Lord. 

Blessings to be a missionary.  Thanks to God for His love. 

I hope you all had a great Holiday Season and hopefully are excited for this new year ahead. I wish that we all look forward to what's coming and respond to the opportunities of the new year that the Lord brings with haste. 

I love you all and pray for you daily.

Stoked to Serve 

Elder Soren :)


We spent a lot of time with the families we have been able to develop great friendships with and a love for & as Elder Fontes says his good byes, these are some of the people we get to see each week and teach them more about the Gospel.


The Francia family

Darlyn Fox, Shaun and Bryan
The Hassests' our new Ward Mission Leaders


the Priests in the 7th ward


the Jones family
the Neilsons'

the Richins' Family
(Son to my left going to New Zealand, Wellington Mission)


Carol Getsinger




No comments:

Post a Comment